Credit unions have one very significant and noteworthy difference from banks. Unlike banks, credit unions are not-for-profit, cooperative institutions. Unlike banks, which are owned by groups of stockholders and operated by a paid board of directors for the benefit of the
stockholders, credit unions are owned by their members and operated by a volunteer board of directors for the benefit of the members.
As cooperative financial institutions,
credit unions are owned and operated by the very people who use
the services. Each credit union's charter defines its "field of
membership." This designates who can join. Because of that
membership requirement, all members of a particular credit union
are united by a "common bond." As such, they share something in
common; where they live, work, worship, go to school, volunteer
in Lawrence County or work for any company that is in our field
of membership. Once someone qualifies for membership, often family members may join also.
Membership Share: $10 par value
Membership Fee: $1
Funds Availability Policy and Disclosure
Membership and Account Agreement
- For-profit banks and other lending institutions are looking for a return on an investment when a member takes out a loan. Credit unions, however, have no stockholders looking at the return on their investment.
- Comparatively, credit unions have lower fees for services than banks.
- Interest rates are typically better through credit unions, which traditionally have been among the leaders in auto loans.
- Your credit union offers an optional coverage for members that apply and qualify.
- We are constantly comparing our rates to ensure we are delivering a great value.
- You need only ask your employer, family members, or neighbors about our credit unions. The process is then fairly simple, and minimum balances are usually very low.
- Additional discounts to take advantage of - from popular vacation spots to rental cars to amusement parks.
Sprint offers discounts on service plans, upgrade fees and waived application fees. It's all possible thanks to Family 1st Federal Credit Union, Invest In America and Sprint. Get details at
LoveMyCreditUnion.org/Sprint, visit any Sprint location or call: 877.SAVE.4.CU
Take advantage of Special Credit Union Member Rates at Enterprise. Visit them at:
Ace Auto Wrecking
American Tool and Machine
Bruno's Auto Sales
Castle Builder's Supply
Central Heating and Plumbing
CD Ambrosia Trucking Co.
City NCT Corp.
Custom Etch, Inc.
The Harley Store
Haven Convalescent Home
Health Tech of Western Pennsylvania
JF Mill and Lumber
Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce
Lawrence County Eye Associates
Lawrence County Head Start
Lawrence County Republican Committee
New Castle News
Rockwell Standard Division
Signs by Dave
TM Warwick and Co.
West Penn Asphalt
Zee Best Hand Car Wash